Associate Software Engineer
Date:May 19, 2017
Office:Workbridge Chicago - MWD
This tech job in Chicago, IL brought to you by Workbridge
Our client is seeking an exceptional Associate Software Engineer to join its Applications Development team. This person will join a [e.g. highly collaborative] team responsible for driving IT solutions for Institutional Operations. In addition to application programming skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to be a strong communicator and meet deadlines. The successful candidate will have experience with T-SQL and C programming languages and be comfortable interacting with business and development teams in a rapidly changing environment.
This role presents an opportunity to be part of an innovative group that introduces new software solutions that improve business productivity. The position is located in Chicago, IL.
To succeed in this company’s culture, candidates must be self-starters and strive for results. We are looking for people who operate as business owners, adhere to the highest standards and think creatively to realize opportunities, wherever they may be.
- Support the development of applications, which provide essential solutions for clients; may include debugging current systems or programming simple enhancements
- Take ownership of tasks as assigned to ensure successful implementation; get support from experienced Software Engineers as needed
- Work with business representatives and senior Software Engineers to understand business requirements and the reasons for them
- Assist in developing detailed specs for straightforward fixes and enhancements that are clearly aligned to system requirements as defined by business representatives and can be easily interpreted by the business representatives and other engineers
- Write code according to specs and maintain continuous integrations and processes
- May maintain databases used for development and testing, depending on the area and technical specialty
- Work with business representatives to understand outcomes of testing phase; engage senior Software Engineers as needed to develop solutions
- Support business representatives and other Software Engineers as needed with implementation and release activities as needed to ensure a successful delivery
- Monitor system-wide tests to continually improve products, services and processes
- Monitor the implementation of system improvements and documents results
Required Skills & Experience
- Working understanding of generally accepted software development methodologies, tools, and techniques
- Prefer a working knowledge of the financial services industry
Desired Skills & Experience
- Team player attitude, good interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize appropriately
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills and superior problem solving ability
- Demonstrate sound logic and judgment.
Benefits & Perks
As a contractor you will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit