Jr/Mid CMS developer
Date:May 19, 2017
Office:Workbridge Arlington - MWD
Tech:HTML / CSS
This tech job in Gaithersburg, MD brought to you by Workbridge
Want to work in no-red-tape continuous improvement environment? Where excellence and getting things done matter more than dress code or process formalities? Where professionals like yourself invest time strategically to minimize support needs and preempt firefighting? Then come and join us in this exciting, critical stage in our growth, as we implement Lean development practices, pay out the technical debt, and create sustainable tech platform for the business!
A leading provider of mission critical information, workflow solutions and services to the highly complex end markets of healthcare, human capital management, financial services, and telecommunications. This position is in the Gaitherburg, MD office, located right in the heart of Rio/Washingtonian waterfront! To passionate craftsmen looking to make a difference we offer developer-friendly agile process, healthy work/life balance, respect for industry-accepted best practices, and a small team environment where your voice will be heard.
Responsibilities include working independently or in small teams to develop and maintain Drupal- and Wordpress- based web sites, as well as to serve as department’s Front-End guru, solving the most complicated layout problems and developing beautiful UI components from scratch.
Required Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years of relevant experience with track record of getting things done,
- Expert-level knowledge and deep hands-on experience of HTML/CSS and browser differences,
- Solid experience with Drupal and Wordpress administration, including theming and add-ons configuration,
- Solid experience with mobile web sites and responsive design techniques,
- Working knowledge of a wide variety of HTML/CSS framework and libraries,
- Good communication skills.
Desired Skills & Experience
Nice to have but not a hard requirement:
- Upbeat and energetic personality,
- Experience with npm toolset (e.g. babel, webpack, post-css etc),
- Some experience with backend development in any language,
- Some experience with relational databases and SQL,
- A degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering,
- Experience with build and deployment automation,
- Appreciation of Lean Development principles,